Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year! Some thoughts on Project Life

Happy New Year Everyone!!



I just wanted to share some thoughts on Project Life today.  I'm going to continue this project in 2015.  I am a few weeks behind with 2014 due to life getting in the way of things.  My hopes are to get it finished up very quickly, even if it's not the most beautiful work of art.

I posted on the Clique Kits blog the other day with some tips for Project Life.  You can read them here.  I thought today, I would share with you my plans for 2015 Project Life.

This year, I have decided to go ahead and start 2015 along with finishing up 2014.  That's not usually how my mind works, but it's going to have to happen.  I printed out tons of photos at Walgreens (yikes) to get it done in the next few days.  I'm having issues with my Selphy, and I didn't want to wait for my pictures from Persnickety Prints to come in the mail.  I haven't decided how I'm going to be posting these final pages on my blog.  I have some spreads scheduled, but I don't want to do anymore until I see where I am and if I've finished up 2014.  I promise though, you will get to see them.

How I will be organizing in 2015:

*This year, I will continue posting Friday to Thursday.  So this week's 2015 Project Life Spread should actually start today, Friday, January 2 through Thursday, January 8.  The second week will begin January 9th.  I haven't decided how I will incorporate New Years Day.  If it will just jump in with this week, or be part of my cover page for the year.

*For 2014 I did two page spreads.  I think for the most part this year, I will continue.  However, if there is a week that I only have enough photos for one page, then it will be one page.  If I have so many photos it makes three pages, then it will be three pages.  I'm not going to chain myself to the two page spread this year.  I'm going to see if doing this works because I am so anal about some things so it's going to take letting go a little bit.

*Each week will have a title for example, Week 1, Week 2, etc.  Very original and clever.  The reason for that is I think that it will help bring organization to the spreads especially if they aren't on two continuous pages.  I also just think it's cute.

*Photo management:  This year, printing photos weekly worked really well for me.  However, with the issues with my Selphy, and my credit at Persnickety Prints I might have to change that.  Right now, I have 2014 to work on so it might not be too bad to order some prints from Persnickety Prints.

*I'm mixing up the page protectors this year.  I used Designs A, D, and K from Becky Higgins.  I want to add a little more variety to that this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails